Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Talk About Normal!!

These are the days that make me remember that I mom first and foster second!! Friday night we loaded everyone up in the new van...gotta say, it's the most wonderful thing, I never knew these kids could be so quiet in the car!! (It has a DVD player.) Anyway, I digress...we loaded up and headed to Boise to a support group meeting and things were just fine. About 3/4 into it, Kevin came running in to say his tummy hurt. I rubbed his back for a few minutes, then he went running out again, so I assumed he was fine. Well, we all know what happens when we assume!!

He threw up twice at Health and Welfare, twice on the way home (in the new van!!), and all night long. When he woke up Saturday he was just fine. We chalked it up to him eating too much pizza. Until granny ended up being up all night Saturday vomiting, and I spent Sunday trying to get the kids to maintain an even keel so granny wouldn't bite their heads off. (Cindy asked what was wrong with granny, and I told her the same thing Kevin had, and Cindy said, "Granny ate too much?" I wish!! When does granny ever eat enough let alone too much!?) So we got through the weekend.

At about 11:30 Sunday night I heard a horrible sound coming from the boys' room. 2-year-old was retching, dry heaving, and all together miserable. I was up taking care of him when I heard a noise in the bathroom, and look in to find Kristy camped out by the toilet also retching. Good grief! It's not flu season!! Both kids finally settled down and went to sleep about 2:30 am. Somewhere around 1:00 am I remembered I was supposed to go to our Boise office by 8:00 am on Monday...trying to get from our town to Boise in the morning is a little like...trying to get across the Big Eye in Albuquerque on a Friday evening at 5:00 in the rain. If you've been there, you'll know. If you haven't, imagine LA rush hour times whatever.

I did get up after my measly 3 1/2 hours of sleep, got the boys to daycare and made it to Boise only 15 minutes late. Then I spent the rest of the day in a fog. Everyone at home was feeling fine and dandy like nothing ever happened. Is that enough normal for the week?

No comments: