Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I Had to Share

I just received an email from my social worker at the Youth Ranch. She met with Will's dad, and I've been a little freaked out by what he might say or do. Here's what happened:

Hi PandasJr: I met with Will's birth dad today. He asked me to
pass on to the family caring for Will (I didn’t state your name, although it’s
in the Petition he received) that he appreciates you caring for him and thanks
you for all that you are doing for him. He expressed that he is not going
to contest the petition to terminate his parental rights as he wants what is
best for Will and he cannot provide a stable environment for him at this time or
in the next couple of years (all of this will be detailed in the report).
He said that if Will's mom is okay with the adoption and Will is in a stable
home, then he is not going to contest. He really would like to have some sort of
contact with Will, such as pictures, letters on how he is doing, etc. He
said that he would like to have some form of contact with the adoptive family
regarding updates on Will and he would like to write you a thank you
letter.

I guess I was even more worried about this than I thought I was, because this made me cry. I've never met Will's dad, and don't really know a whole lot about him. I didn't know what to expect. I had to share this, it's very special!

1 comment:

Angel The Alien said...

Sounds like Will's birth dad really is putting Will's best interests first, this time! It must be very hard for a parent, even one who's made tons of mistakes, to accept that they're in too deep and they're better off letting someone else adopt their child! Its nice that he understands how lucky he is that Will found such a great family!