Monday, July 30, 2007

So Many Cliches Work Here...

Uh, everything happens for a reason, God works in mysterious ways, when one door closes another opens...you name it.

So Kristy is gone. She and Cindy got back from camp Friday night and Kristy was picked up an hour later. Nothing I said or did could change it, and believe me, I tried. And then, oddly enough, something totally unrelated and opposite happened.

My two-year has four siblings. Two live in this area, and two live in another state. We've never met any of them. We were told the two here were in a placement with a family who intended to adopt. Those two had never really met my boy. It was actually kind of strange that there was never an effort to put these kids in contact to make connections. But their case worker was at our house last week for a monthly home visit, and she had a question for me. She said the girls' foster parents had decided not to adopt the girls, and they needed a new placement for them. She asked if we would consider taking them. We asked if we could meet them first. Well, actually my first gut reaction which I blurted out was "YES". But then I asked if we could meet them. So the girls are going camping with us this week.

They came over on Saturday for a preliminary meeting, and they are SO cute!! The younger one looks just like her brother!! I think I fell in love right off the bat. And the family they've been living with these last three years are so nice. I kind of got excited. We haven't told any of the kids. Right now, they know the girls are coming camping, but they think it's a respite thing. I thought, and the other family thought, that if this works out, we'd spend the next few weeks transitioning them to our home, but H&W isn't thinking that at all. If this works out, they are moving in like next week! Holy cow! And this will be permanent. Adoption.

Here's the numbers: I have three grown adopted daughters. I have one 8 year old adopted daughter and one 3 year old adopted son. The process is beginning for my adoption of Cindy, age 11. I will be adopting my 2 year old boy. And now I will be adding five and six year old sisters to the brood. That makes nine. 7 girls and 2 boys. Good grief. My favorite show when I was younger was Eight is Enough, and it's kind of the same because one of my three oldest isn't actually legally adopted, though in my heart she's mine. So I'll have adopted 8. But on the show there were 3 boys instead of two, but oh well. At least they won't have the same names.

What were their names? Tommy, David, Nicholas, Susan, Joanie, Elizabeth, Mary, and what was the last one? This will bother me all day. Let me know if you know.

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

PandasJr said...

Nancy

Angel The Alien said...

How awesome that is that you might be able to adopt those girls! Not only will they get a forever family, but they will get to know their "birth" brother also!
How come the other family decided not to adopt them??? Were the girls aware of the possibility that the foster parents had PLANNED to adopt them?

PandasJr said...

The girls did think they were staying with the other family forever. The other parents, though, are older and decided they were going to be too old when the girls got into high school, and that they might be better off with a younger family. I'll write another post next week about how it goes with them this weekend, and more about why this move would happen.