Monday, September 25, 2006

It's Monday...Right?

It's Starting to be My Favorite Day!

I know, it sounds crazy, but the last few weekends have been endlessly horrific, and all I could think about the whole time was, is it Monday yet? Can I get out of this asylum and go back to work now? Then, to top it off, my Niners are NEVER going to come out of this funk. Or so it seems. That game was horrid. Every time I thought they were going to make a comeback, somebody would pinch me awake and we'd be out of it again. Oh, and then I go surfing on Blog Mad and hit a blog all about the Eagles.

But the game wasn't what made the weekend what it was. I am just so tired. These kids are all possessed by Satan. The Demon Seed is no longer inhabiting just one child at a time, but all at once. Annie is grounded, and instead of trying to make things better and get out of trouble, she just keeps digging herself in deeper. Then, yesterday, she tells me she just wants to be part of the family. Well, what do you say to that. I lost it. I wanted to tell her that anyone who didn't love her would never have kept her for the last 5 years and put up with her irrational and impulsive behavior, her rages, her tantrums! But I didn't. Not that I think I was much more eloquent than that, but at least I didn't tell her two other foster homes actually DID give her up because of her behavior. No, I just reminded her that I was adopting her because as far as I was concerned she was as much my natural daughter as anyone could be. Nothing would ever make me stop loving her. She was a part of this family the minute she walked through our door the very first time, and always would be. This is part of foster care and adoption...constant reasurance.

But right now, I think I'm the one who needs that reassurance. Well, I need the Demon Seed to reside in someone else's home at least for a while, anyway. Remind me why I do this? (I look at the pictures on my desk.) That's right, look at their sweet faces. (Try not to see the red glow in their eyes.) I can't share pictures with you...confidentiality and all. Maybe someday.

So tell me to keep my chin up. "Keep your eye on the prize," is what my English Educ. professor always told me. Look for the light at the end of the tunnel. All that stuff. TGIM!

Oh, here's something I can share...Kneesaa and baby are doing well.
Well, I was going to share a photo of my grandson, but for whatever reason, I can't get it to load right now. Maybe next time!

Tune in again to read tales about the adventures from the Angel Retreat.

Donations to fund the needs and activities for the angels who live with us are always welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 49'ers put me and my dogs in a funk yesterday, making us wonder why we are substituting humiliation for entertainment. You were able to overcome better than I was. :>)